Permatex The Right Stuff Black 1 Minute Gasket Maker
Permatex The Right Stuff is a single component, room temperature curing, elastomeric gasketing compound designed to provide reliable “formed-in-place” gaskets for mechanical assemblies. The Right Stuff is a nonslumping, non-corrosive, low odour, low volatile, single component, proprietary, hi-tech, elastomeric rubber gasketing material. It has been designed specifically as a replacement for conventional cut gaskets where instant sealability is advantageous.
The product resists aging, weathering and thermal cycling without hardening, shrinking or cracking. Designed for superior bonding properties to oil contaminated metals as compared to other formed-in-place gaskets, and maintains outstanding oil resistance. NSF White Book registered.
- Immediate sealability
- Instant blow-out resistance
- OEM Approved and Specified
- Replaces most cut gaskets
- Low odour
- Resistant to ATF/oil/coolant
- Consistent sealing
- Sensor safe
- Timing gear covers
- Transmission pans
- Valve covers
- Oil pans
- Water pumps
- Intake manifold end seals
- Stamped sheet metal covers
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
For assembly as form-in-place gasket
- Remove all previous material from mating surfaces. Permatex Silicone Stripper is recommended for most materials.
- For best results, clean and dry all surfaces with a residue-free solvent, such as Permatex Brake and Parts Cleaner.
- Cut nozzle to desired bead size, 1.5mm to 6mm in diameter. An 3mm bead is usually sufficient for most applications.
- Remove cap, puncture tube or cartridge seal and attach extension nozzle.
- Apply a continuous and even bead of The Right Stuff to one surface, first tracing the internal areas of the gasket configuration, then all surrounding bolt holes as shown below:
- Assemble parts within 5 minutes while The Right Stuff is still wet. Secure or tighten to recommended torque specs.
- Re-torque will not be necessary after the product has cured.
Note: Not for use as a head gasket or on parts in contact with gasoline
Directions for PowerBead
- Clean and dry all flange surfaces to be sealed.
- Remove black cap from top of extension nozzle.
- Turn nozzle extension one complete turn (360°) Counter clockwise.
- Depress finger trigger and apply a continuous 1.5mm to 3mm PowerBead to one surface.
- Assemble parts immediately while silicone is still wet.
- Finger tighten flange only until material begins to seep out the sides of the flange.
- Allow to set for at least two hours and re-torque at lease one quarter to one half turn.
- For best results, allow to cure overnight.
- To close, turn extension nozzle clockwise until tight (about one full turn). Wipe off excess material from nozzle and replace black cap.
Storage of Unused Product
- Create a “silicone plug” by allowing excess material to extend beyond the extension nozzle or aerosol tip to cure, sealing and protecting the remaining product from moisture. For reuse, simply remove the cured product from the tip.
- For PowerBead dispensers, you may store remaining product using either the above “silicone plug” method or using the included plastic cap.
Free UK Mainland Shipping for all orders over £15 (inc VAT)
We offer a variety of shipping options to suit your needs and depending on the hazard class of the product and your location. Please note that we don't make any money from our shipping fees.
Depending of the order value and location we cover the shipping cost in full or at least contribute favourably towards the cost.
We strive to ship UK orders the same day providing they are received before 14:00pm and international orders providing they are received before 12:00pm.
To calculate a shipping cost just add the products you require to the cart and follow the first part of the checkout process and it will provide the available options and respective costs.
Guaranteed Damage and Leak Free Delivery or We Will Replace For Free
Great care is needed when packing fluids and very few distributors that specialise in mail order of these types of products are dedicated to the same level of care as us. Our professional and thorough packing is the best in the business and ensures that your order arrives safely. We use strong, high quality, custom made boxes to enable sufficient packing material around each item and thus offer optimum protection against postal damage. And, if any order is damaged, we'll replace it without question.
DHL Parcels UK Delivery Zones
|Zone A||Zone B||Zone C - £10.00||Zone D - £13.00|
|Englands & Wales||Scotland||Highlands / Northern Ireland||Offshore islands|
|AL||CM||EC||HX||MK||RG||SS||WC||DD||AB31 to AB38||HS|
|B||CO||EN||IG||N||RH||ST||WD||DG||AB40 to AB56||IV41 to IV49|
|BA||CR||EX||IP||NE||RM||SW||WF||EH||IV1 to IV28||IV51 IV55 & IV 56|
|BB||CT||FY||KT||NG||S||SY||WN||FK||IV30 to IV32||KA27 & KA 28|
|BD||CV||GL||L||NN||SA||TA||WR||G||IV36 to IV40||KW15 to KW17|
|BH||CW||GR||LA||NP||SE||TF||WS||KA (except KA4 & KA28)||IV52 to IV54||PA20|
|BL||DA||GU||LD||NR||SG||TN||WV||KY||IV63||PA41 to PA49|
|BN||DE||HA||LE||NW||SK||TQ||YO||ML||KW1 to KW14||PA60 to PA78|
|BR||DH||HD||LL||OL||SL||TR*||TD||PA21 to PA38||PH42 to PH44|
|BS||DL||HG||LN||OX||SM||TS||AB1 to AB16||PH4 to PH41||ZE|
|CA||DN||HM||LS||PE||SN||TW||AB21 to AB25||PH49 to PH50||Channel Islands|
|CB||DT||HP||LU||PL||SO||UB||AB30||BT - Northern Ireland||IM - Isle of Man|
|CF||DY||HR||M||PO*||SP||W||AB39||JE - Jersey - DHL Courier Only|
|CH||E||HU||ME||PR||SR||WA||PA1 to PA19||GY - DHL Courier Only|
*PO30 to PO41 - Isle of Wight - £20.00
|PH1 to PH3|
It is very important to us that our products perform exactly as described and that you are entirely satisfied with your purchase. We stand by all of our products to the degree that we will refund you in full if you are not entirely satisfied. Even if a particular product or service doesn't work for you and we refund your money in full, we will still go out of our away to help diagnose any underlying issue or fault, free of charge.
Please inform us of any damaged or defective items within 60 days of delivery and we will replace the item FOC or offer a full refund at our discretion. You may be required to return the damaged or defective item(s). This does not affect the manufacturer’s warranty where it applies.
Similarly, if an order is incorrect in anyway, please notify us within 60 days of purchase. We will endeavour to correct your order as soon as we can. You may be required to return incorrect order items.
If, for any other reason, you wish to return an item then please call us beforehand stating the reason within 60 days of receiving your order. Per our no-quibble money back guarantee, we will provide a refund in full for a single item if you are in any way dissatisfied, even if it has been used. Please note that refunds for opened/used products are limited to one item.
Any additional ordered items are still eligible for a refund but they must be returned unopened, in the original packaging and in the condition they were sent. A refund will be issued minus the original delivery charge.
Please call or email us for authorisation before returning any items. Refunds will only be credited to the same credit or debit card originally used to purchase the goods. Again, you will not be asked to jump through any hoops. We will process the refund and then help diagnose any underlying issue or fault, free of charge.