Are Fuel Additives Safe?

Are fuel system and engine cleaners (or other cleaners for that matter) safe for my engine?

This is a question we get asked weekly and I would like to put your mind at rest from the outset.  From all our experience and testing we have yet to find a commercial fuel-based engine cleaning product that when used as per the manufacturer’s instructions, has resulted in any form of short, medium or long term damage to a fuel system or engine.  Sure, there are many products that are useless and don’t deliver as promised but the main commercial ones we have tested are at least safe to use.  This includes engines with superchargers, turbo chargers or the very latest particulate filters or high pressure fuel systems.

Please note that this is not a licence for you to put any old rubbish in your fuel tank!  We only sell cleaners effective chemistry such as the latest polyether amines, solvents and nano-based technologies.  Providing the recommend dosages are not seriously abused our cleaners are no more dangerous than putting gasoline (or diesel for diesel engines) in the fuel tank.

So why does my main dealer and car manual insist on no fuel additives?

Firstly, a combination of draconian thinking and revenue protection. Unlike in the US and other parts of the world, manufactures (fronted through their main dealers) have a vested interest in maintaining a “replace with new policy”. For example, if a main dealer plugs in their diagnostics computer and it registers a faulty diesel fuel pump or faulty injectors then they must advise the customer that they require a new pump or injectors.

We have seen a bill for almost £3000 to supply and fit 4 new diesel injectors from one of our customers! The fact that injectors and pumps can be reconditioned or that a good quality cleaner will 80% of the time resolve the problem is irrelevant. Main dealers have little choice and they risk falling out of favour with the manufacture or worse, losing their franchise if they deviate from the “replace with new” policy. If you accidently put a stain on the carpet would just replace the carpet without trying to clean it first?

Secondly, risk mitigation. Manufacturers and dealers are simply protecting themselves from customers that may foolishly put a harmful substance in the fuel tank, i.e. bleach (and we’re not joking) or putting fuel additives in with the oil or visa-versa. Hence, a straight forward “no additives” policy.

Last but not least you’ll be surprised to learn that many vehicle manufactures already use additives.  That’s right, but only when it suits them.  For example, a prominent European petrochemicals company provided an aggressive fuel system cleaner to a well know European vehicle manufacturer because they were facing hundreds of thousands of potential warranty claims from carbon build-up on diesel fuel injectors.  The additive was administered to all effected engines on a recall or during the next scheduled service and customers were none the wiser.

So why is it different in other countries?

Unlike in the UK, the US main dealers have a strong influence over the manufactures. In many cases it is the main dealer that will call the shots. Unfortunately in the UK and the EU in general are a little behind.

Fortunately, the law is on our side (one of the few advantages of being in the EU) and we are starting to witness a change with manufacturers and franchised dealers.

Some additives still comply with BS EN fuel standards when diluted correctly and even those that don’t manufacturers will struggle to prove that any fault is the result of an additive, simply because the additive will not be at fault.

In fact, it is highly unlikely that a dealer would even know unless you tell them as it takes serious equipment to detect additives and the reality is that you have a greater risk of a dealer refusing a warranty claim due to using contaminated (untreated) fuel than using an additive to fortify the fuel or clean the system.

Powerenhancer Team

Please note that we are no longer answering questions through the comments system here.  If you would like to comment or ask a question then please do so on our new discussion forum HERE.

124 Responses to Are Fuel Additives Safe?

1. Jack Lomas February 14, 2013 at 2:07 pm #

I have a 2.0 tdi 140 audi a3 thats doing average 40mpg, and a bit of smoke under load. will AR6400-D or bg244 help?

Hi, yes they will if the MPG drop and smoke is the result of fuel system or combusion deposits. Read our article HERE. Regards, PE Team

2. Karen February 8, 2013 at 8:24 pm #

Hi
    I have a 2005 BMW X3 2L Diesel which has 35,000 miles on the clock. The check engine light (EML) has been coming on periodically. Dealership says it needs a de-coke. At £1500+ it seems a bit excessive for a car of this mileage (emissions test was fine).

Would one of your products clear the carbon build-up that may be causing the dashboard EML to come on and keep the deposits from getting any worse?

Cheers, Karen

Hi Karen, please call us and we’ll go through the options with you. Kind regards, PE Team

3. Steve December 5, 2012 at 10:32 pm #

Hello,

Can you please advise.

I have a Ford Mondeo MK3 2005 TDCI 130bhp, which has done 101,000.

It has developed a slightly uneven idle and Ford diagnosed a potential injector problem and referred me to an injector specialist. The injector specialist believes they may need changing, however, as I was unsure, I just asked him to clean the EGR and the manifold.

As I have just had a major service (new fuel filter also) can you advise on.

1) Should I try your product?
    2) Do I add this on an empty or full tank?
    3) Will it ruin the new fuel filter that has just been put in?
    4) Would it solve the problem so I dont need new injectors?

I appreciate your advice.

Hi, it is imposible to advise if it will resolve the problem without inspecting the vehicle. AR6400-D will swiftly remove any deposits from the injectors but it can’t resolve any mechanical issues. If the injectors are worn or damaged then no chemical cleaner will help. It will not adversely affect the fuel filter. It doesn’t matter how much fuel is already in the tank when the product is added providing you top up with fuel on top. See our article HERE on adding additives to the tank. Kind regards, PE Team.

4. NEIL November 19, 2012 at 10:53 am #

Hi.I have a VW Passat B7 2011 Bluemotion diesel with 19000 mls;no problems with the car,but was thinking of adding a can of BG244;oil service is due in march 2013 so would I use it before or after the oil change and is it safe to use;Thank you very much.

Hi, it is safe to use. Use it before the oil change. Regards, PE Team

5. James stirling October 24, 2012 at 12:30 am #

Hi, I have a 2008 mazda 6 diesel with 45,000 mls, regularly serviced .
    occasionally on a cold start the engine rattles really loud for about 30 sec, can u recommend the bk244 or any other additives to fuel or engine that might help.
    I have a dpf also , if that matters ?

Hi DPF is not important. I would recommend AR6400 or BG244 in with the fuel and AR9100 in with the oil. Regards, PE Team

6. Lyndon October 20, 2012 at 7:16 pm #

Hi, we operate a JCB 60kva diesel generator (basically a truck engine) using red diesel, it runs for 8-10 hours per day. The built in fuel tank holds 300 Ltr and we refill this weekly from a 1000 Ltr bund, would we be better to add to the bund treating the 1000 ltr or put it into the built in tank. Which product would you recommend and how often should we use it.

Many thanks.
    Lyndon

Hi, I would treat the tank with AR6200. Regards, PE Team

7. Robin Goodchild September 30, 2012 at 1:12 pm #

Hi, found your site this morning so please excuse any protocol errors,have just purchased my very first diesel and although fairly knowledgeable on engines I am concerned about the amount of noise from the 115000mile 2.0TDCI Ford Mondeo Engine, it’s performance surprised me enough to buy it, inside the car it’s quiet and very quick,have changed crankshaft damper/pulley, belt, tensioner and changed oil and filter twice but it still sounds like a bag of nails, it’s also a little lumpy on tickover, I was warned off putting any additives into the oil or fuel but have continually searched for more info on this and am convinced that a good quality additive would help and on finding your site am even more convinced that your products would help, please advise as to which products and where I could purchase. Many thanks,Robin

Hi Robin, AR6400-D to start with followed by regular use of AR6200. This will ensure the fuel system is clean. We have also had great results with AR9100 on that engine. However, I would make sure the EGR system is not blocked as this is a common problem on that engine. Regards, PE Team

8. Rob September 12, 2012 at 2:42 pm #

Hi, I have a 1989 pajero 2.5 turbo intercooler with automatic transmission. Clock shows 200,000 Kms, runs ok, just thought I might treat it to some fuel additive. What’s your advice?

Hi, AR6200 if there are no running problems. Best regards, PE Team

9. keith britton September 8, 2012 at 10:34 pm #

Hi. I have a 2004 Mazda 2 diesel which has done 140,000 miles The local mechanic says it has a “chuffing injector” which sounds like a loud tickover and has quite an engine smell . Will using any of your products help Cheers.

Hi, it is unlikely that any chemical product will resolve the problem as a chufffing injector is a failure of the injector seal. The injector needs to be removed and the seal replaced. Best regards, PE Team

10. Damjan August 15, 2012 at 12:56 pm #

Hi, I have a Volvo XC60 2.4 5WD (45.000 km) and I am driving it in Ukraine, where there is many rumours(and evidence) about the low quality diesel. So far I don’t have any problemS; however, I would like to avoid any and tackle the issue preventively. Which product would you recommend and how? Thank you very much for your attention, D.

Hi, we have many conusmer and trade customers in exactly the same position. The most cost effective answer is Archoil AR6200 as this addresses and resolves all the potential shorfalls in fuel. It will lubricate, protect against biological and chemical contamination, remove water, improve the quality of combustion maximising the BTU of the fuel, reduce emissions, remove existng and prevent further fuel system or combustion deposits etc. Best regards, PE Team

11. Kerry August 1, 2012 at 10:47 am #

Hi, I have a 2008 (58) plate Toyota Avensis 2.2D-4D T180, 75k miles which has been losing its acceleration recently and very slow in 1st and 2nd gears. AA man said the code read ‘DPF’ problems. I’ve tried Cataclean and JLM lubricants+25 mile motorway drive, still drives the same. Is it still worth trying your product or would you recommend another product or course of action ? Really appreciate your advice (and great website).
    Thanks,
    Kerry

Hi Kerry, I would first read our article here and then contact us direct for further advise. Regards, PE Team

12. chris June 29, 2012 at 8:25 pm #

hi.i have a citroen c4 1.6 hdi [92bhp] i have blue smoke on start up when the car has been stood for a while.i have done 95000miles on a o6 plate. is it safe to use on this engine.

Hi, yes it is safe to use. Regards, PE Team

13. Gabriel June 26, 2012 at 3:41 pm #

Hi, i have a 2002 peugeot 206sw 2.0 hdi. Is it suitable for this engine? The car has poor mpg an is a little bit sluggish. Do you recommend tu use a can in a full tank or can be less diesel in it?
    Thank you.
    Regards,
    Gabriel

Hi, yes it is suitable but you need to dilute it with a full tank of fuel. Kind regards, PE Team

14. Chullaka June 20, 2012 at 7:17 am #

Hi,
    Im running a Toyota Hilux vigo 3L D4D (Diesel common rail) 2008 model. what is the best cleaner i should use. current mileage is 50,000KM.

Thanks.
    Regards,
    Chullaka.

Hi, AR6400-D for a fast clean. AR6200 to keep the system clean and protected. Best regards, PE Team

15. wilfred loines May 5, 2012 at 12:18 pm #

There seems to be a lack of clarity over the use of certain products about to be introduced. The ARCHOIL 9100, for example, is shown under ENGINE and MANUAL GEARBOX, however is it suitable for semi-automatic boxes such as those in petrol Smart cars? If not, what is suitable especially where engine and gearbox are lubricated by the same oil?

Thanks

Hi, unfortunately we do not recommend using friction reducing additives in areas where friction is required, such as: auto gearboxes and limited slip differentials. Regards, PE Team

16. Peter B April 9, 2012 at 6:35 pm #

Hi,

I have a bmw 535d with 150k miles runs fine except for a slight flutter / miss when on very light feathered throttle or cruise at around 2000 rpm nobody has found the problem!, I suspect a slightly blocked injector. Will your product be suitable?

Hi, yes it is suitable. Regards, PE Team

17. Jim D April 2, 2012 at 9:34 pm #

I have a 2006 Citreon Picasso diesel with 76K mileage
    Previous services have had additives for fuel and oil
    Can you advise what additives I use in order to give smoothe running
    Does the additives require any run in and will the additives help with emissions
    Thanks

Hi, I would recommend the Archoil AR6400-D/AR6200/AR9100 service pack. Regards, PE Team

18. Richard March 31, 2012 at 5:54 pm #

Hi,
    I have just purchased a 2007 Lexus is220d. Would the BG244 be ok to use in this please?. I previously used your BG 44K in my old BMW 520i and was impressed by the difference it made. Thanks in advance.
    Richard

Hi, yes it is safe to use. Regards, PE Team

19. Richard Wadge March 31, 2012 at 5:45 pm #

Richard

Hi, yes it is fine for that vehicle.
    Regards, PE Team

20. Craig March 27, 2012 at 11:08 am #

Hi Team, I have a Ford Tourneo 2.2 TDCI 130hp 2007 can i use your diesel treatment for this engine only our ford dealer says it does’nt recommend any additives. We have had a problem with the injector (we think blocked), keep jumping out breaking the retaining bolt. Yhanks Craig.

Our products are safe to use. Regards, PE Team

21. JIM D March 19, 2012 at 8:16 pm #

Re 102
    Sorry its a diesel engine
    Will your product reduce emissions?
    Do I need to take the vehicle for a long run after any introduction of product
    How often do I need to use the additive?

22. JIM D March 18, 2012 at 1:17 pm #

I have a 06 Citroen with 75K on the clock and wonder what additive[s] I should use to enable efficiency and keep emissions within limits
    Where can I purchase your product over the counter or is it just via internet?

Hi, is it a petrol or diesel engine? Best regards, PE Team

23. Murray March 7, 2012 at 12:29 pm #

Hi

I was going to try bg k44 on my Mazda RX8. I note above that you suggest an oil change after doing so. Why is this? You may or may not know that the RX8 oil change only replaces half the oil in the system. Does the whole lot need to be drained off and replaced?

Murray

Hi, it is only necessary if you suspect the engine is worn. Best regards, PE Team

24. Alan February 29, 2012 at 8:03 pm #

Hi,

I would be most grateful if you coul respond to my last comment ( no. 99 listed) as i could do with your advice on this matter.

Many thanks
    Alan.

25. Alan February 26, 2012 at 3:19 pm #

Hi,

I have a problem with my 06′ diesel Vectra misfiring on tickover and being a bit smokey as a result. I tried a treatment of BG244 and it worked a treat only for the problem to arise again after refilling with fuel. You kindly suggested using a treatment of a test product called Archoil 6200 and sent me a 25ml sample, suggesting i add 10ml to an empty tank then fill up with diesel (60 litre tank). I have done this and after nearly 200 miles it is no better. i was wondering if i should increase the dose (15ml left) or try another can of BG244? Other than that, the car runs fine and doesn’t seem to be using any more fuel than it should.

Regards

Alan.

26. Rock February 13, 2012 at 4:00 pm #

Hi,

I have got Toyota Carina E GS Petrol with lean burn Engine with 160K on the clock. Fuel consumption is a bit high along with emissions. Will BG44K help in improving fuel economy?
    Rock

Hi, yes it will help if the excessive consumption is the result of fuel system or combustion deposits. Kind regards, PE Team

27. ed greenwood February 8, 2012 at 8:56 pm #

Thanks for your response to my recent query.
    Do I now take it that to maintain optimum performance from my diesel engine, given an average tankful being 55 litres, it would be advisable to do a programme of a BG244 ‘injection’ for the first tankful followed by either a BG248 every other two tankfuls OR a BG2276 every tankful until the next 9000 mile sequence?

thanks

28. Ed Greenwood February 6, 2012 at 2:15 pm #

Good Afternoon,
    Have just found your website, but I am a bit confused! Which is the preferred product to use in an X-Trail diesel (Renault M9R 2 litre diesel engine), BG244, BG248 or BG2276. It would seem that BG244 does not contain DPL yet is more costly than the other two and why?

Rgds

Hi, they are not the same. 244 is a high sthrength cleaner, 248 moderate strength and 2276 a regular use lower strength cleaner and conditioner. Regards, PE Team

29. Tim February 3, 2012 at 1:07 am #

Hi, i have a high milleage Peoguet 307 Hdi (2007 plate), it has a stutter a 700 to 1500rpm its fine if running over that. Error code is fuel rail pressure too high. 2 questions:
    1)The forums think this could be due to sticking pump. Before i splash out on a new high pressure pump, do you think the BG244 will help to fix sticking pump issues???
    2) i have just used Wynns deisel P3 emissions reducer even though i asked for a deisel fuel cleaner at my local auto parts store, can i use BG244 after running the tank low and filling up on the third time???

Hi, send us a quick email and we’ll send you a free Archoil AR6200 sample. This will clean and lubricate the pump. Kind regards, PE Team

30. Alan February 2, 2012 at 9:44 pm #

Hi, I posted a comment back 0n 15 November 2011 about whether a can of BG244 would cure my ’06 vectra diesel misfiring on tickover and rather smokey, to which you replied by recommending a treatment of BG244. I ordered the treatment and added it to a tank full of diesel (60 litres). Within 50-100 miles the car showed none of the previous symtoms described and ran perfectly. However, the car has since developed the same symtoms and i was wondering if it would be advisable to use another can of BG244? The car would only have done 1500-2000 miles since the last treatment.

Many thanks
    Alan.

Hi Alan, please contact us direct and we’ll provide you a free sample to clean the fuel system again. Regards, PE Team

31. gary February 1, 2012 at 6:08 pm #

Hi, Will it be ok to use in a 20008 focus diesel tdci with a diesel particular filter? have heard it may damage the pdf. Cheers.

Hi, none of our diesel fuel cleaners will harm the DPF. Regards, PE Team

32. Paul January 25, 2012 at 2:07 pm #

Got an old banger with a Nissan 2.7D non turbo lump that’s done over 300,000 miles. It chugs along quite happily but does tend to send out clouds of black smoke when accelerating “hard”. Somehow it managed to pass MOT recently but it would be good to reduce smoke etc if possible. (though it does keep tail-hoggers away!) A 1:200 dose of 2 stroke oil has been added to help lubrication etc as this “cleaner” fuel isn’t good stuff for old engines (so I’m told).
    Thinking of dosing with BG244 and going for an “Italian tune-up” to give the system a much needed clean – do you think this will help or should I go the whole hog and get the service kit (Oil etc was changed recently so would prefer not to have to do it again?!).

Hi, I would recommend Archoil AR6200 in with the fuel and AR9100 in with the oil. This will restore both the engine and fuel system. Best regards, PE Team

33. Mark January 21, 2012 at 10:06 am #

Hi, I would like to ask is it BG suitable for Toyota Yaris 4-D4 engine 65k?

Hi, yes its fine. Regards, PE Team

34. TomaS January 13, 2012 at 6:49 pm #

Hi,Thanks for fast delivery.But I want ask you.If I put 150ml BG248 in my fuel tank,is it alright?

Regards
    Tomas

Hi, yes if its a small tank of around 50 litres. Regards, PE Team

35. Gerry January 11, 2012 at 10:25 pm #

I have a peugot 307cc 1.6 60k on the clock drives like i am pulling 1 ton weight behind me do you think 44k will help?

Hi, yes if the issue is the result of fuel system or combustion deposits. Regards, PE Team

36. Hamish keenan January 9, 2012 at 3:39 pm #

I have a landrover discovery with 17000 miles on the clock,3ltr v6 auto.landrover were round at the house on thursday 5/1/12.because i have a problem.rough starting,missing lack of power,HIGH FUEL CONSUMPTION,17 MILES TO THE GALLON,wet oily exhaust,stinks of diesel when switched of and left for a while.gained oil on the level on the dash as it is not gota dipstick fitted.Then pluged in to the computer and all it said was fuel sensior falty but it showed its pressure sitting at 320 psi + or – 5 to 10.which is spot on,will bg 44k sort this out.

Hi, it sounds like there is potentially a lot going on here. I would suggest calling us to discuss further so that we can deterrmine the best way forward.

37. Glenn January 5, 2012 at 8:14 pm #

Is BG44K FUEL CLEANER ok to use on my 1998 Ford Focus 1.6L 130,000 miles,

Hi, yes its completely safe. Regards, PE Team

38. k. kirkham January 1, 2012 at 4:59 pm #

where can I buy bg 244 at a car spares outlet?

Hi, as a professional use product, it is not available in car spares outlets. Regards, PE Team

39. Jimmerman December 31, 2011 at 11:55 pm #

Was having problems with my 2000 Jaguar S-Type 100,000 miles. Engine was running roughly, especially at start up. Faulty engine light came on. Added BG 44K to fuel tank. Car runs like new again. Incredible results. Next time symptoms reappear, I will use again.

40. Doug December 26, 2011 at 8:26 pm #

Hi
    I have a 1998 Subaru Legacy GLS which started to produce engine knock and pinking after I ran the fuel down low, and after being advised to use a high octane fuel, the noises are still there. I have also been advised that carbon deposits can also cause these problems. Do you think BG44K will help with these problems?
    Doug

Hi, if the issue is a result of fuel system or combustion deposits then it will help. Best regards, PE Team

41. Mark S December 23, 2011 at 10:49 pm #

Hi,
    I have a diesel Mitsubishi Pajero, with the 92 litre fuel tank. As you normally say to use one can to a full tank of fuel, and most cars being around 60 litre tanks, would I be better to not fill up fully with fuel, but only to about 60 litres to get the right ratio of BG244 to fuel?

Thanks,
    Mark.

Hi Mark, it will work just the same just slightly slower if you filled up with a little more than 60 litres. Regards, PE Team

42. Brian December 19, 2011 at 1:30 am #

Hi Guys, I ordered some BG244 from you. I have the dreaded vauxhall vivaro (08 plate) with seized injectors i have managed to replace 2 of them but the other 2 i am told will break, so will the BG244 help clean them up and restore the injector spray pattern and make any difference to the 2 injectors that have not been replaced…Thanks Brian.

Hi Brian, yes it will. Regards, PE Team

43. Stephen December 17, 2011 at 4:25 am #

Hi, I have a Land Rover Discovery 300tdi its done over 200k. When you give it a little on take over it kicks out some serious unhealthily smoke. Would BG244 give it a good clear out and stop it smoking are is the mileage telling me something different. It has a EGR blanking kit on it will this help it are not?
    Cheers

Hi Stephen, I suspect a different treatment over 3-4 tanks of fuel would be better than BG244. It would be best to call us so that we can get more info about the vehicle, its history and the symptoms. Best regards, PE Team

44. stu December 12, 2011 at 5:47 pm #

Hi
    I have a Mondeo st tdci 2.2 and was wondering if this engine would benefit from using the bg244 product and what sort of results am i likely to experience.by the way no problems with motor other than a very slight lumpiness for the first couple of seconds on startup but have put that down to the colder temperatures lately
    Thanks in advance
    Stu

Hi, its difficult to say without inspecting the vehicle first but most engines and fuel systems require periodic cleaning. Regards, PE Team

45. Alan December 10, 2011 at 9:49 pm #

Does using a more concentrated mix of BG244, say 1 can to 25 or 30 litres increase the cleaning effect on the diesel particulate filter?

Hi, it can do but we recommend adding it to a fuel tank of fuel instead as this is the safest and most effecient cleaning method. Regards, PE Team

46. Kenny December 3, 2011 at 6:59 pm #

Hi, I have a 2004 Alfa 147 JTD 8 Valve, and it is suffering from a slight misfire at idle and up to 3500RPM, the garage have checked the fuel injectors and everything else, and they have said that this misfire is caused by a build up of carbon in the combusition chamber, will the BG44K fix this problem?

Thanks,

Kenny

Hi, yes if it is due to carbon build-up. Kind regards, PE Team

47. Alan December 2, 2011 at 4:48 pm #

What is the maximum fuel tank size for one can of BG 244? For larger tanks what extra quantity should be added? Will using a more concentrated solution, say adding one can to 30 litres of fuel increase the cleaning effect on a diesel particulate filter?

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan, we have successfully used 244 in tanks up to 100 litres. The process just takes a little longer but the results are similar as the treatment last longer. Any more than 100 litres then we would recommend additional cans or a different solution entirely. Kind regards, PE Team

48. tad November 25, 2011 at 7:29 pm #

Hi
    I have a Skoda Octavia 2001 144k on the clock, it’s been great until the last month or so when it has started coughing very occasionally (every 30 to 50 miles) while cruising. I’ve been warned by a friend whose mechanic cleaned up an old Rover engine once about cleaning up old engines because of the risk of losing compression by removing carbon deposits which had made up for the wear and tear, and therefore creating starting problems where there were previously none.

What is the risk of this with a 144k engine?

Thanks

Hi, it is a complete myth that removing carbon from modern engines will reduce compression (By modern we mean is the last 30-40 years.) Except in some very old engines (40+ years) and a handful of 2 stroke engines, carbon actually REDUCES compression because it forces the rings away from the bore. Removing the carbon thus restores compression. We use fuel system based carbon removers and professional engine flushes on all engines where compression is low (but not damaged). 95% of the time this restores lost compression. Kind regards, PE Team

49. Robert November 19, 2011 at 12:34 pm #

Hi again
    Further to my last question, I have a Zafira 1.9 CDTi with 27000 on the clock, and it is on it’s 3rd EGR valve which was fitted about 5K ago.
    I use Esso and Shell diesel fuel with the odd Morrison’s fill up, and as the car is now out of warranty I am looking for a product that will stop the EGR from continuously fouling up, do you recommend a follow up process after using the BG244, or will the BG244 be strong enough to keep the engine sweet, and as I drive 8 to 10K a year how many BG244 treatments in a year do you recommend to reduce the risk of carbon build up.
    Best regards Robert.

Hi Robert, I would recommend Archoil AR6200 for this. We will have it in stock shortly. Kind regards, PE Team

50. Robert November 18, 2011 at 8:40 pm #

Hi
    I can see how BG244 will help clean the injectors etc, but how can it decoke the EGR valve on the exhaust side of the engine?
    Regards Robert.

Hi Robert, we are in the process of writing an article on this. It will lift the lid on how EGR systems can be cleaned naturally through the use of cleaners. It should be published in the next few days.
    Regards, PE Team

51. Karen November 15, 2011 at 11:01 pm #

My 56 Mazda 5 Sports 2.0 Diesel DPF light has come on. Will this product help the regeneration. Does it effect the warranty on your car. How often should it be used.

Hi Karen, yes it will. We also recommend a “spirited” drive to help create the necessary temperature to burn of deposits. Kind regards, PE Team

52. Alan Willis November 15, 2011 at 4:19 pm #

Hi, I have a 2006 Vauxhall vectra 1.9 CDTI (150) which has developed a problem recently of being quite smokey (white) on startup, tickover, and also a slight misfire. Mechanic done an injector check and reckons that injectors aren’t spraying evenly and would need to be checked and rectified. Other than the above mentioned problems, the car runs fine. Was wondering if a treatment of BG244 in the tank would help as it would be a less expensive remedy.

Hi, yes BG 244 will help with this. Kind regards, PE Team

53. Alan November 14, 2011 at 10:38 pm #

HI, I have a 2005/55 peugoet 307 SW SE 136 HDI with 34,500 miles on the clock from new and my depolution light has come on and states depolution system faulty, there is no loss of power and the car is running ok, would BG244 be safe to use on my engine and would it help with this problem the computer has given me a fault code of P1435, P0409, P0490. Thanks

Hi, it is safe to use. Sorry, we can’t help you with the fault codes. Regards, PE Team

54. mani November 9, 2011 at 12:34 pm #

Hi, got a can of this and plan to use it soon. will i see ecessive black/grey smoke from the back when engine is using it or should it be fine? using it in a Alfa 159 1.9 JDTM

Hi, it is unlikely you will see any black smoke. If anything it should reduce. Regards, PE Team

55. David Warburton November 6, 2011 at 8:46 pm #

I have a Mazda 6 Sport diesel with 134,000 on the clock. The DPF warning light has just started flashing. Will BG244 help clear out the build up of carbon?

Hi David, yes it will help or we will refund you in full. Regards, PE Team

56. Geoffrey Evans November 4, 2011 at 10:57 am #

Hi,
    I have just come across your product BG244 and I want to give it a try. Trouble is, I have just filled-up and used one of the off-the-shelf additives (Wynn’s I think). I have about 3/4 of a tank left, will I have to wait until I fill-up again to use BG244 or can it be put in at the same time as the other stuff?

Thanks.

Hi, you will need to consume all of the Wynns cleaner first. Regards, PE Team

57. Martin November 4, 2011 at 2:20 am #

Hi, one of my most reliable lorry’s has over 500’000km on the clock. What would be the best product to add, or at this mileage am I flogging a dead horse. Regards Martin

Hi Martin, the BG Diesel Service Pack will help restore that engine. Contact us for further info. Regards, PE Team

58. Paul October 22, 2011 at 1:21 am #

Hi,
    I have a BMW 2.0d X3 and the nice people at the main dealer want to charge me £2500 for a decoke to fix the stuttering at 2k/rpm. Will this stuff do the same thing. And is it safe to use on an X3.

And where can I buy it from.

Thanks

Hi, we hear the same story every week. Our products will safely remove these deposits guaranteed! Kind regards, PE Team

59. trevor bartle October 11, 2011 at 9:59 pm #

Hi, I have a 2009 freelander2 with the 2.2 PSA diesel unit current on 21000miles. just purchased the BG244 but yet to use. Can I assume that this will be safe to use! Kind Regards.

Hi, yes it is completely safe to use. Regards, PE Team

60. Neil Crowe October 10, 2011 at 12:16 am #

Hi, a friend has a 2002 vauxhall vectra 2.0 di, and it has just developed a fault where, when warm, will rev up and down when on a steady throttle position, and bring the engine light on, and cuts out. The engine light goes out again though almost immediately. Would bg244 eliminate this, or is it a major injection pump problem? Thanks
    Neil

Hi, it is impossible to diagnose without inspecting the vehicle. Please call us to discuss further. Regards, PE Team

61. bernard October 7, 2011 at 1:04 pm #

Hi , may i please refer to my query dtd 04 Oct regarding the issue if is it safe to add the BG44k while F2-21 eefuel additive is present at the fuel tank? thanks
    bernard

Hi, we don’t recommend mixing 44K with any other additive. Regards, PE Team

62. mike roberts October 6, 2011 at 8:30 pm #

i have a 2006 audi 2.0 litre TFSI. Which product do you recommend i use and would it be safe. The millage is currently 57,000.

Hi, 44K and yes it is completely safe. Regards, PE Team

63. Neil October 5, 2011 at 3:11 pm #

Hi,

My 2007 Peugeot 207 GTI 175 THP (51,000 miles) has been misfiring (slight and very occasional) under hard acceleration and it seems to be down a little on power. I’m keen to try a can of BG44K to see if that is all the car needs. Does this seem sensible to you before I involve the garage (diagnostics and major expense)

Cheers :)

Hi, yes as a process of elimination the 44K will clean the fuel system and remove combustion deposits. If it doesn’t resolve then no other cleaner will make any difference and is likely to be a sensor or ignition issue (spark plug/lead/coil pack etc). Regards, PE Team

64. frank September 29, 2011 at 12:27 pm #

I have a bentley turbo r 1993 with 95000 miles on clock.It runs fine but I wondered if one of your products would be useful in cleaning up the engine.Any advise is good and where do i buy please. Thankyou

Hi, yes, it would benefit from a clean with that mileage. I would recommend the BG44K. Regards, PE Team

65. Alex September 11, 2011 at 1:03 pm #

Hi,

I have a Volvo V40 with the mitsubishi 1834cc GDi engine. It is very sluggish and almost non responsive around 2000rpm. Clock reads 167,000. I wish to know if this product (44k) will be ok to use on a Gasoline Direct Injection engine?

Hi, yes it is perfectly safe to use. Regards, PE Team

Alex

66. Eileen September 7, 2011 at 6:53 am #

Hello I am a dumb blonde with an 57 plate Jaguar S Type Diesel auto, having lots of trouble with fault codes showing “restricted performance” and Parkbrake fault, hence lots of expensive bills. Can you tell me what I need to do, I need an idots guide please.

Hi Eileen, please call us and we will run through the options with you. Regards, PE Team

67. Graham September 6, 2011 at 10:40 am #

Hello
    I have a 57 reg BMW 118d series, will this treatment be ok for this car?

Hi, Yes its fine. Regards, PE Team

68. Ken August 27, 2011 at 11:01 am #

Have just purchased BG244 For my 2lt x-type diesel..I have read on some sites that cleaners will disturb any sludge in the fuel tank and this may clog the fuel filter, which should then be changed afterwards. I have just had a service and a new filter was fitted, is this necessary.

Hi, 244 uses a dispersant chemistry and thus will not move sludge through the system. It instead breaks down biological and chemical contamination. If anything it will unblock fuel filters. Kind regards, PE Team

69. Graham August 25, 2011 at 8:50 pm #

Hi there.

I have a Citroen C5 with the robust Peugeot 2.2HDi engine and FAP filter and the eolys fluid additive system;

Is it ok to use either of your BG diesel additives in addition to supplement the Citroen system;

Which will work best BG44 or BG244 with the Citroen-Peugeot high pressure engine ?

Many thanks

Hi Graham, you can safely use BG244 in conjunction with other in-build emission control systems & fluids but it has to be added to the fuel. It will remove fuel system contamination and help remove combustion and post combustion deposits. Regards, PE Team

70. Jonny August 24, 2011 at 10:44 am #

Hello. I have a 2010 Focus ST with a 2.5 Turbo engine, is the BK44K ok to use with this car?

Hi yes, it is perfectly safe. Regards, PE Team

71. Ernest Winocour August 24, 2011 at 7:35 am #

Is BG244 suitable for a Yanmar 2YM15 marine diesel

Hi, yes it fine for that engine. Regards PE Team

72. Rich August 15, 2011 at 9:27 am #

Hello

Have a 2006 530d with 120k. Car had new DPF under warranty at 85k. Car was doing journeys of 40miles minimum, to March 2011. Now does 11 miles per day, DPF warning light on since April 2011 despite weekend journeys of 200+miles at 60-70MPH. Only use BP diesel.
    Have bought BG244, will this help or hinder, given the 5 day short journey syndrome, please?
    Thanks…Rich

Hi, it will help. If you still encounter problems then give us a call. Regards, PE Team

73. Graham Cooper August 11, 2011 at 6:39 pm #

Hi
    Further to your replies to comments 25 and 32 (using BG44k in diesel engines) –

If it is ok to use etc, why have two products?

Apologies if this seems a silly question, but I have a similar problem in that a local garage sold me the 44k for my diesel car. Having looked at your site and these two questions I just feel confused.

Hi, 44K is safe for both petrol and diesel. It will clean the combustion deposits just as well as the BG244. However, the 244 has additional chemistry unique to diesels fuel systems such as, lubricants, biological contamination inhibitors, cetane booster etc. Regards, PE Team

74. ray August 10, 2011 at 6:07 pm #

hi
    is it ok for using in audi s6 v10
    no problems but after 51k maybe it could do with a “clean”?
    Also will this help/ affect mpg?
    thanks

Hi, yes it is. Regards, PE Team

75. Mo August 2, 2011 at 11:09 am #

I have a 1.7 CDTI Vauxhall Astra. Is the BG244 the ok for a common rail diesel engine?

Hi, yes perfectly safe. Regards, PE Team

76. Dale Dyer July 26, 2011 at 4:57 pm #

I’ve just used a can of BG244 in my A4 2.0TDi S Line Quattro and the improvements werer almost immediate, namely cleaner response, hardly noticeablke turbo kick but more importantly an improvement from around 34 mpg to over 40 on most runs

Needless to say I will use this stuff regularly

77. del July 24, 2011 at 5:15 pm #

Hi will it be safe to use bg44k twice,ie put it in a full tank run it through and the fill up the tank again and put another can of bg44k,thanks.

78. Harry July 23, 2011 at 11:53 pm #

Hi I have a 2002 VW Passat 1.9 TDI PD 130 with a 78k miles. Is the BG244 suitable?

Hi, yes it is fine for that engine. Regards, PE Team

79. paul July 17, 2011 at 10:33 am #

Hi i have been told by my main agent my range rover td6 needs a new injector ran some stp through the tank fine for 2000 miles now its lumpy again. will bg 244 clean my injectors. regards paul

Paul, yes 244 will clean the injectors and help remove any combustion deposits. Regards, PE Team

80. Roy Meadows July 14, 2011 at 8:56 pm #

Hi guys…have just bought a 2008 ford mondeo 2.0tdci edge which has 37,000 on the clock…which product will be best suited to my needs as I want to keep my car carbon free….cheers….

Hi, I would recommend BG244 as an initial treatment. Regards, PE Team

81. Graham July 9, 2011 at 7:51 pm #

Does BG 244 have any cleaning effect on Turbo’s or Cats. I have used it about 4 tank fulls ago on my Diesel S-Type noticed an improvement in performance but also want to ensure my Cat’s and Turbo’s are clean. What do you recommend please?

Many thanks

Graham

82. gareth john July 9, 2011 at 6:29 am #

I drive a Peugeot 3062.0 HDi with a Bosch fuelling system and have heard that Bosch recommend not using any fuel additives as they can damage the seals in the fuel pump. Is BG244 safe to use with my engine and fuel supply system or is it true what Bosch say?

Thanks Gareth

Hi Gareth. None of the products we supply will damage any seals in the fuel pump. Any such response from a manufacturer is a standard one and its aim is to 1. help protect the revenue of its dealers and 2. eliminate any potential risk of damage and respective litigation from customers puting harmful substances through the fuel system. It only takes one idiot…..Regards, PE Team

83. Ian Knowles July 7, 2011 at 2:13 pm #

Hi, Can you tell me if it’s ok to use BG244 on a Land Rover Discovery TD5 (110k). Just a bit wary about LR fault codes which tell you to “go straight to Gaol (sorry-Main Dealer)”

No actual problems to correct, just want to keep it that way

Ian

Hi, yes, absolutely fine. Regards PE Team

84. Johnny July 1, 2011 at 4:42 pm #

I had just failed my emissions test with my Peugeot Partner 1.6HDi. I was encouraged by the MOT Testing Station to purchase a can of the BG44K. Drove around town and a few miles of motorway(10 in total) returned to Testing Station and the vehicle had greatly improved emission figures enabling it to pass the MOT. Keep up the good work!

85. Tariq June 27, 2011 at 1:35 pm #

I have a renault megane II 1.9DCI and i have been told that i need to clean the injectors as i am getting a check injection fault which 1 should i use and will this help?

Tariq

Hi, yes, if there are deposits on the fuel injectors then this will resolve it. Regards, PE Team

86. Bob June 26, 2011 at 11:23 am #

Hi is BG244 safe to use in a Mercedes 220 CDI engine?

Regards

Bob

Hi Bob, absolutely

87. Marcus June 13, 2011 at 12:07 pm #

Hi
    I have a van that intermintly shows up the fault code
    EGR valve stuck
    Can this help free / clean it up ?

Hi, yes it will help providing it isn’t fully blocked. We would always advise cleaning the EGR system manually first. Regards, PE Team

88. Mick June 10, 2011 at 12:38 pm #

Hi,

Will this decoke the sticking VNT vanes on a turbo.
    Would keeping the vehicle under high load and rpm clean better if it does.

Cheers,
    Mick

Hi Mick, yes it will but as you have indicated, maintaining a higher RPM to increase the temperature of the post combustion components will help even further. Regards, PE Team

89. Nina Warnes May 17, 2011 at 8:56 pm #

Hi,
    My vehicle is due a full service, would it be more beneficial to use the BG44K before or after the oil / filter change? I’m also using a friction eliminator in the oil…..are friction eliminators compatible for use with BG44K, or will the eliminator be stripped from the engine by using BG44K?
    Thanks in advance for your help
    Nina

Hi, I would use it before the oil change. Will will not effect any friction reduction based products. Best regards, PE Team

90. Steve May 13, 2011 at 3:56 pm #

Hi, would BG44K be suitable for use in an 05 MINI Cooper S (the old super-charged model, not turbo). It’s regularly stuttering at low revs, stalled a few times, and the problem seems to be getting worse.
    Thanks in advance.

Hi, yes, absolutely fine for that engine. Regards, PE Team

91. Cherie May 5, 2011 at 9:47 am #

Hi, would BG44K be fine to use on an engine with a nikasil lining, specifically a Ford Puma? The generally held opinion through the owner’s clubs is that any additives will break down the lining..

Hi, yes it if fine for that engine. Regards, PE Team

92. CJ April 29, 2011 at 10:56 pm #

Sorry should have read Turbo diesel not garage!!

Hi some idiot garage has put BG44K into my Ford turbo diesel rather than BG244K will this cause damage, what should I do!!!!!!!!!!!! I have only driven a 100miles or so since it was put in, the car has a full tank 50litres ish.

Hi, you have nothing to worry about as 44K is safe to use with both petrol and diesel engines. Best regards, PE Team

93. gil roberts April 24, 2011 at 9:29 pm #

Hi
    Could you tell me if BG244 is ok to have in my diesel tank when it is undergoing an Mot test when the examiner carries out the exhaust emission test, I mean, I currently have it in my tank but I have only covered about 100 mile so far, but my Mot is due before I will have emptied my tank during the cleaning process.

Yes, it will be fine during an MOT emission test. Regards, PE Team

94. Dave April 21, 2011 at 5:14 pm #

Hi,
    Can you tell me if BG 244 is safe in a Renault 1.5dci turbo diesel engine?
    Also, is there a MSDS data sheet available for the product?

Hi, yes it is safe for that engine. Send us a quick email and we’ll forward the MSDS for you. Best regards, PE Team

95. Graham April 17, 2011 at 4:39 pm #

I own a Jaguar S-Type 2.7TD with 100k on the clock. Noticed a bit of Black smoke and a little sluggishness around town. Added STP Total Fuel System Cleaner on last fill up. Still have half tank left. I bought the STP before finding out about BG 244. My question is can I add the the BG 244 to the remaining fuel then top up or should I wait until the engine has covered more miles before adding?
    Please advise.

Many thanks

Graham

Hi Graham. You will need to use the remaining fuel in full before adding the 244. Regards, PE Team

96. stevie April 4, 2011 at 11:54 am #

Can i use this in my jag x type 2.0 sport, its done 94k and seems to stutter when cruising around 2000rpm ?

Hi, absolutely. PE Team

any info well help

stevie

97. rob April 3, 2011 at 8:07 pm #

Hi

I have MINI cooper S 08 reg Turbo with a DI system (Direct Injection fuel system).
    Question is to clean the intake valve area, by putting the product through the fuel will not treat the back of the valve area, as the fuel is injected directly into the piston combustion chamber and not through the valve inlet area.. Therefore would you recommend to use the BG44K or CF5 through an inlet pipe from my cylinder head (easily disengaged) to better reach the valve stem intake area?

Or is there a better product that you supply for this treatment?

Thanks in advance.

Rob.

Hi Rob, 44K can’t be used in this way. There is a treatment that can be added but it needs to be administered by a professional. Please contact us for further information. Regards, PE Team

98. kevin March 27, 2011 at 10:18 am #

Hi, Toyota Rav4 D4D 06 40k miles – Just stripped and cleaned the EGR valve and pipes it was seriously gunked up, drastic improvement in power and fuel economy but it still suffers from the puff of smoke at start up
    Would a treatment of your BG244 be of any benifit in resolving this ?
    Could you recommend once clean how to keep clean ?
    I noticed in your comment section that you made a reference to using motorsilk deisel treatment every 3rd tank at a ratio of 1000:1 what wouold that be in laymans terms say in every 40 litres of fuel
    Would you also change the oil ?

Hi, this is a lot to answer on a blog post. Please call us on 0844 5561255 and ask for Andy and he will go through all the options with you.
    Kind regards, PE Team

99. Paul March 21, 2011 at 3:18 pm #

I have been given by a tyre dealer a can of bg44k. I have a diesel engine though. Will bg44k harm my diesel if I use it?

No, it is safe to use with both petrol and diesel engines. Regards, PE Team

100. jim moody March 12, 2011 at 2:19 pm #

hi, hava a very lumpy running fiat doblo 1.9jtd so much so that the whole van shudders! would bg244 unblock a blocked injector or will i need to try more drastic action?

Hi, BG244 will definitely unblock the injectors if that is in fact the problem. Regards, PE Team

101. john mulrine February 23, 2011 at 4:01 pm #

re have just put in BG244 in my saab 95 est 2,2tdi and filled tank 65 litres is this ok?and is it better to do short or long trips,is car speed of any consequence to enable BG244 to get through system any quicker? (this may be a daft question)lol

102. andy February 22, 2011 at 8:21 pm #

just used BG244 in my peugeot partner van (99 model 112000 mls) was slightly sluggish, now runs like new. smooth tickover, better acceleration, now better economy. have just put it into my audi A6 tdi quattro. if i have the same results i will be chuffed too bits. this product really works. highly recommended.

103. lawrence williams February 20, 2011 at 11:25 pm #

Hi, i used your BG244 in my Ford Mondeo TDCI last year and it done an excellent job. Since then i have gone over to using biodiesel, i was wondering if this is compatable and will it have the same effect. Thanks Lawrence.

Yes, it is compatible. Regards, PE Team

104. Phil February 4, 2011 at 9:32 pm #

First use of BG244 on my 2003 Mondeo TDCi with 80K on the clock and wow! Feels like a new car!
    Tickover was a bit lumpy in the morning for a few seconds and I suspected a leaky injector so thought I would try BG244 first, glad I did.
    So far after only 60 miles I can REALLY feel the difference, more power on the motorway, runs quieter and the tickover is smooth. Startup the following morning was better so I’m expecting good results when I use this tank of fuel.

Brilliant!

105. Rob January 31, 2011 at 3:43 pm #

Hi,
    I have a Micra 1.5 DCi Sport with 87k on the clock. Would BG244 be suitable for my car?

Many thanks

Hi, yes its absolutely fine for that engine. Regards, PE Team

106. PHILIP ATKINSON January 26, 2011 at 8:00 pm #

I am the owner of a TOYOTA RAV 4 T180 06 REG with 48,793 miles on the mileometer, please could you advise me if the product BG244 would be suitable to use on this vehicle and if so what parts of the system and their components would benefit from its use. Please could you also advise me of a suitable maintenance schedule using other BG products along with BG244 together with prices to keep my vehicle at its optimum running condition
    yours sincerely
    P ATKINSON

Yes, BG244 is suitable. It will clean the entire fuel system and remove carbon build-up from the combustion area. I would then use follow up treatments of the Motorsilk Diesel Treatment at a ratio of 1:1000 every 3rd tank of fuel. Best regards, PE Team

107. steve January 19, 2011 at 9:36 pm #

Hi i have just purchased your product BG 244 for my Audi A6 2.0TDI because it been running a bit erratic on tickover, just a quick question do i add to a full tank of fuel or add when about to refuel.

regards

It is not really that important. We only recommend filling up immediately afterwards so that it is all washed down the filler neck. Best regards, PE Team

108. Stuart January 12, 2011 at 12:13 pm #

Hi there,
    Just suffered a full engine strip and clean, obviously want to avoid this happening again.
    Please could you confirm if bg244 effectively cleans the whole engine, there seems to be some reports that it only cleans the top half?
    Please could you let me know if there are any independent tests and conparisons carried out by a third party confirming your claims?
    Finally, the car will be picked up clean, rather than waiting for it to ‘coke up’ do you have any products that can be added to keep the engine clean and used on a more regular basis?
    Many thanks for your help.
    Stuart

Hi Stuart, We’ll let you into a secret that the manufacturers and unfortunately, many garages don’t want you to know. Firstly, used regularly (ie. every 10K) BG44K will ensure ALL carbon is removed from the top end of the engine (use every 5K if you have a FSI engine that suffers with carbon formation on the back of the inlet valves). Secondly, using BG quick clean as part of every oil change ensures that any lost compression due to carbon or any other deposit formation is restored. We have lost count of the number of vehicles, both petrol and diesel, that have been fully restored with this approach. With todays technology there is no need to strip down engines to remove carbon.
    Best regards, PE Team

109. Simon January 10, 2011 at 5:58 pm #

Hi there, heard good things from car forums I’m signed up to, will the BG244 be ok in a 2002 Vectra 2.2DTi? I only ask as the fuel pump uses the diesel to lubricate itself so any cleaner which hasn’t got a lubricant in is a no no so I’m told.

Many thanks
    Simon

Hi Simon, That advice is incorrect. High pressure diesel pumps rely on the lubricity additves in pump fuel to help protect the unit. BG244 contains additives to clean AND lubricate the pump, more so than with conventional pump fuel. Additional lubricity is a good thing.

Best regards, PE Team

110. Kayes December 16, 2010 at 2:55 pm #

Afternoon, not very good with cars and therefore seek your guidance. I have a BMW 220d with 50k on the clock.

What will I require to “clean” the engine?

Hi, I would recommend the BG244 for that engine.
    Regards,
    PE Team

111. stephane December 9, 2010 at 10:39 pm #

does BG244 also cleans EGR port & passages , plenum , valve chamber , piston crown as well as fuel injectors and combustion chamber ?

thanks ,

Hi, it won’t clean the plenum as that is part of the intake. It will clean the entire fuel system, combustion areas and post combustions areas, where there is sufficient temperature. It will help clean the EGR providing there is sufficient temperature – this is down to the design of the engine and varies from car to car. If possible we would recommend removing the EGR and associated pipe work manually as part of using BG244 or BG44K.
    Best regards,
    PE Team

112. del November 15, 2010 at 9:39 pm #

Hi is it advisable to change the engine oil after using any of your fuel additives,thanks.

Hi, only if you suspect that the engine is worn and/or compression is low.
    Regards, PE Team

113. Charlie November 2, 2010 at 1:57 pm #

Hi,

I have a Peugeot 807 2.2 diesel with 100K on the clock. Will the BG244 be OK for this car considering it has a “diesel additive”? Also could I use it in place of the diesel additive? Because the dealer charges me an arma leg almost everytime I have a service to fill this hidden tank. From reading about BG244 it seems to me it accomplishes the same thing.

Regards
    Charlie

Hi, yes there are ways around this. The best thing would be to give us a call and we can go through the options with you.
    Best regards, PE Team

114. D Emerson August 21, 2010 at 9:52 pm #

Is BG44k beneficial and safe for rotary engines; specifically Mazda RX-8 231PS?

Hi, yes but we advise that you change the oil immediately after treatment if the engine is showing any signs of wear.
    Best regards,
    PE Team

115. Mr R. Dumfries August 18, 2010 at 3:17 pm #

I am a farmer and use a lot of red diesel in tractors and diggers. I have recently bought a new Class tractor and been told by the dealer that I should use a fuel adative on a regular basis, as red diesel is a lower grade fuel than road fuel (my fuel man does not agree with this). Would BG 244 work for tractor engine?

Hi, to a degree both the conflicting pieces of advice are true. The issue it that the “grades” of red diesel in terms of the power they produce vary wildly and it is true that some are better than pump fuel and some much worse. This is a result of the additives used, particularly those that are administered to dilute the fuel to improve profit margins. However, where most red diesel falls short (regardless of grade) is with the protective type additives but this has little to do with the grade. It simply refers to the amount of anti-waxing, anti-gelling, cleaning and lubricant based additives contained in the fuel. It would be fair to say that pump fuel is far better in this regard.

BG244 or Archoil will restore any diesel engine suffering from accumulated deposits that are the result of using any low quality diesel. Follow up treatments of BG2276 would fortify even low quality diesel and provide the protective elements required to safeguard the engine and help reduce further deposit formation.

Best regards,
    PE Team

116. aaron August 10, 2010 at 4:07 pm #

What if I put in more than one can of BG 44K in to a diesel engine (I spilt some from the first can because the funnel fell off!)?

Hi, yes it will be fine.
    Regards,
    PE Team

117. Lawrence August 5, 2010 at 12:35 am #

I’ve got a 2.8CRD with just 14,000 ml. Would this treatment be suitable at this milage or should I wait until I’ve done more than 20K to notice a difference.
    Also I’ve read that adding fuel additives at every fill with higher cetene will improve combustion and produce smoother performance. Do you supply a product such as this ?

Hi, there will be deposit buildup even with only 14k but it is always difficult to determine what difference you will feel as we have witnessed huge changes on engines with less than 5K miles and little difference on engines with over 50k. However, the product will have removed all deposits and carbon build-up regardless. I would recommend the Motor Silk Diesel treatment following on from BG244 as it will improve cetane (and combustion) but more importantly will help prevent future deposit formation.
    Regards,
    PE Team

118. chris August 1, 2010 at 10:23 am #

hi.can i use bg 44 in a diesel veichle,or do i need to use the 244.thanks.

Chris, 44K is dual fuel and hence safe to use with both petrol and diesel engines. 244 is diesel only. They both have the same cleaning power but 244 has additional additives to improve cetane rating, lubricate the diesel pump etc.
    Best regards,
    PE Team

119. Stewart Tindal May 21, 2010 at 3:46 pm #

Where can I buy this product? How much is need for a 40 gallon tank of diesel in a boat?
    Will it stop excess smoke when starting?

Hi Stuart, I would recommend a full can of BG244 to treat the full 40 litres, It will stop the excess smoking or I will refund your money in full.
    PE Team

120. Darren May 3, 2010 at 10:21 pm #

I need to know if it is able to be used in a motorcycle.

Yes, but you will only require between 1/4 and 1/3 of a can to treat a full tank of fuel.
    PE Team

121. m morris April 28, 2010 at 11:06 am #

put bg44 in my l200 diesel not bg244 supplied by kwik fit is this ok.

Hi, yes its fine.
    PE Team

122. Matt Hinde April 16, 2010 at 6:35 pm #

Tried BG244 in my Focus 1.8 TDCI 2005 which was stuttering at low revs and on cold mornings, it is now running good as new. Great product, recommended.

123. Tony March 11, 2010 at 4:21 pm #

Very enlightening and straight talking review and I will be trying BG244 in my Fiat 500 1.3MJT. One question, do you consider that it will improve the efficiency of the DPF as mine is regularly showing the warning message “DPF filter clogged” despite me making regular trips of over 30miles at a steady 65-70mph.

Hi Tony, yes it will as the active PEA chemistry is still cleaning post combustion in the exhaust gases.
    PE Team

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Diesel Fuel Additive - my own experience... - Page 2 - CMAX Owners Club Forum's - August 5, 2012

[…] would like us to believe the additives are harmful… Something for conspiracy theory lovers:P Are Fuel Additives Safe? | Power Enhancer News Regards. __________________ 04 C-Max Mk1 1.8LX Duratec HE 120 hp(engine code: CSDA) – written […]