In order to reduce emissions and comply with International environmental regulations, Diesel Particulate Filters (DPF) have been introduced to remove soot from the exhaust gas of diesel engines which is caused by the incomplete combustion of the fuel. The problem is that ash and contaminates build up on the surface of the filter and will eventually clog the pores thereby reducing it’s efficiency. The ‘clogging’ will eventually cause a significant increase in NO emissions and fuel consumption.
Regular filter maintenance is therefore a necessity. Many diesel engines equipped with a DPF automatically start a regeneration program consisting of the injection of more fuel into the engine to achieve a higher combustion temperature and therefore destroying the build up of particles. However this might also result in unburnt fuel mixing with engine oil in the lower part of the engine and thereby causing damage. Furthermore, such regeneration is frequently impossible as most cars are used in city traffic and never get to the temperature necessary to burn off the clogging particles.
In order to offer a solution to their professional customers, Bardahl has developed a Particulate Filter Cleaner compatible with all types of diesel engine equipped with a DPF.
Bardahl Particulate Filter Cleaner will:
- Lower the combustion temperature to destroy soot: diesel particulates normally burn when temperatures above 600°C are attained but by the time they get to the filter, temperatures are down to 300-350°C which leads to the accumulation of unburnt deposits on the filter. Due to it’s active ingredient, this product reduces the temperature at which particulates will burn thereby removing the build up of contaminates in the filter.
- Stops filter clogging due to the accumulation of soot.
- Avoids damage to specific components which allow the burning of noxious particles.
- Prevents an increase in consumption, loss of power and expensive replacement of parts caused by filter ‘clogging’ and the resulting build up of exhaust gas accumulates in the engine.
- Burns and destroys soot build up inside the filter.
- Extends lifespan and good functioning of the particulate filter.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
- Pour product into fuel tank (into 30 to 60L of fuel).
- Treat 2x per year, every 5,000 miles or as required.
Customer Reviews (1)
- Exceeded my expectationsReview by John